So when I found a preloved burgundy cord skirt it just had to come home with me (I have a thing about cord). I could look past the mumsy-ness of it and see a bag waiting to get out.
And then I thought, why stop at a cord skirt - why not pair it with some fabric from a dress that I already have (which was far too small when I bought so I converted it into a skirt and wore for ages!)
So I did.
I made a saddle bag out of it.
The O rings came from an existing bag that I had but no longer loved.
The frill was created from cutting off the very bottom of the dress/skirt (above). So much easier than cutting some fabric and turning a tiddly little hem!
The interior was created from an off-cut of a pair of curtains.
The bag itself is expandable with poppers to let it out if need be.
Or keep it small and petite if desired.
I can't wait for my next project now!