Thursday, 11 April 2013

Sewing Bee Challenge: Change a neckline

I can't get enough of the BBC's Sewing Bee programme!  It's about time sewing became more mainstream!

So for my second challenge from the programme I chose to change a neckline.

I found an old t-shirt lurking in my wardrobe that I didn't wear very often as the neckline was too high for my liking.  I had already dyed it from purple to blue to give it a new lease of life, but it was crying out to be refashioned again!

Well, life's too short to wear clothes that are the wrong colour and an unflattering shape!

I decided to aim for a sweetheart neckline.  So I cut off the collar all around, shaping the front in the process.
To finish off  the raw edges I decided to face them with some purple t-shirt fabric and top-stitch all around.
But the sweetheart part didn't quite sit as well as I'd imagined it might.

Ok, plan B.

Turn the 'sweetheart' part inside out and sew along to flatten not only the curves, but also the fabric.


It worked!

This t-shirt is now much more flattering on me.

Argh!  I forgot to check how long it took as they only had an hour to do the refashion on the programme.
Never mind.  There's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment