Thursday 5 September 2013

Curtain tie backs and beach bags!

My husband had bought me some rope tie-backs.  As you do.  They were really chunky and were perfect for a bag handle especially as they were made out of cotton rather than a synthetic material - so much softer on the hands!

I knew I wanted to make a beach bag, so I did a little research and stumbled upon the perfect pattern.  I even had some stripy IKEA fabric with which to make it!




I love all things navy and white; the nautical look is one I adore!

I even added a gold anchor button to the pocket.




As for those chunky rope handles, I had fun and games trying to figure out how they were going to stay on the fabric.  I ended up dismantling the end of the rope which had a funny little wooden acorn thingy at the bottom.  I then sewed the loop (which dangled from the bottom of the tie-back) onto some fabric over and over.  It wasn't going anywhere, I can tell you! 

Only then did I sew this fabric into a pocket which was attached to the bag.

You'd be surprised how much weight those handles can now take!  Mind you, towels and sun cream don't weigh that much, do they?!




Next...





No comments:

Post a Comment