Tuesday 5 February 2013

Twirly wirly skirts

I was asked to make some circular skirts for a dance show.  Yes, of course - let me at 'em!!

Did I know how to make them?

Nope!

Was I willing to learn as I went on?

Abso-bloomin'-lutely!!

Take one complete circle of fabric...


 
And cut out the hole for the waist...
 
Then add a waistband.
 
Easy peasy right?
 
Um, not quite as straightforward as it sounds!!
 
First I had to do some calcuations to figure out how large the waist hole ought to be.  I haven't used maths in earnest in years LOL!
 

 


When that was sorted out I just had to create the waistband and then hem the bottom.




One of the skirts even had a net underskirt too which could stand up on its own!

 


And here they are in action!
 
 
 
Next...
 
 


1 comment:

  1. LOL, I think I would have to google the maths calculations too. Been a long time!

    ReplyDelete