Sunday 18 November 2012

Red, white and blue, we love you

I enjoyed making the Hope chocolate lime oilcloth handbag so much that I thought I would make another one.

But I didn't want to make it exactly the same so I thought I would add a top zip.

After much fun and learning - out came the red, white and blue bag:


What do you think?


I thought the top zip made it look extra special.  You might recognise the fabric from my polka dot tea dress - well, you'd be right!  I never throw fabric away - you never quite know when even the smallest amount will come in handy!

And I love to know how each piece is connected to another - possibly around the other side of the world.


So why is it called the 'Red, white and blue' bag anyway?

That would be because I lined it with some fabric from a preloved dress:


I know there are no stars and stripes but it does remind me of my American friends.


Next...





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment