But she has to carry so many books to school that the handle pulled out.
I mended it a couple of times before I decided that I had to overhaul the bag.
So it would seem that I now do bag repairs too!
I found some similar fabric at the fabric shop but it was either beige or chocolate brown. That was a step too far.
So I chose something similar in colour but slightly different in texture. It's very soft and almost velvety but it looks really hard-wearing.
First of all I took the side panels out and replaced both of them.
Then I replaced the inner rim as that had pulled apart too.
Hopefully this should hold it for a while!
And now I've pulled it apart and seen the inner gubbins, I know how to make a bag just like this one <grin>!