Thursday 27 October 2011

Peony shoulder bag (from curtains)

When I see a beautiful pair of curtains for sale I feel compelled to give them a good home.  I suppose I'm a bit of a curtain rescuer on the quiet! 

I found this adorable pair in a charity shop that's down the road from me.  They really take the time to get to know their customers there.  It also provides a place for people in the local community to stop and chat and just feel heard and connected.  For me, the heritage of a piece of fabric is really important.

Anyway, I teamed the curtains with dusky pink polka dots for the handle - I think I'm going through a polka dot phase right now!  There is a soft pleat on both sides for the added fun factor.


The lining was created from a rose coloured fabric that was an offcut from the time I made the shift dress - I just cannot bear to throw fabric away!  I added a magnetic snap for easy closure and a large pocket with enough room to put a journal and phone/pens/whatever else you may need in it!


It's really quite sturdy as everything has an extra layer of interfacing on it.  And it's comfy too!

I cannot believe how much fun I had making this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment