Thursday 11 August 2011

Princess dress

I bought some fabulous purple velvet fabric last October - I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I bought it anyway (a recurring theme, I might add!)

Then my daughter tried on her long party dress and found that she'd grown out of it.  But she loved it sooooo much. 

So I thought and I thought and I thought some more.  Surely I could look at her existing dress, create a pattern and make a larger one out of purple velvet?  It couldn't be that difficult, could it?

So I did.  The pattern took the longest but once I'd finished that it was quite straight forward to make up.  I half-lined it, added some matching material from a skirt as shoulder straps and also used some silk (another charity shop find) to make a waist tie.





She feels like a real princess when she wears it!

No comments:

Post a Comment