On this occasion I was asked to create a zippered journal cover with four internal card pockets from a tea-towel.
Sure, no problem, I said. I could tell that the owner didn't really want to part with it, but she had faith in my ability to make it.
After many, many different versions/notes/attempts, I was able to create the following journal cover:
Here are just a few of my notes that I made during the creative process. I also made two different fabric versions first to see if I had figured it out correctly. I think 'tenacious' is my middle name!
But it was so worth it!
It fits the journal it was designed for beautifully!
I added a matching piece of ribbon as the zip pull.
I added polka dot bias binding to the edges of the journal cover. The binding I used wasn't as stretchy as most I've used so I gathered the edges and I think it works really well!
On the inside cover there are also four slots for credit/library cards.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out :)
And, of course, now I have figured out how to make one of them, I can make more. Excellent! (Off to make sure my notes are up to date!)